Now I tell you, we go now, we go now, now we go, we go now


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
August 21st 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We contemplated not going back to the sanctuary today, however we felt we had made a comitment that we must see through and besides it was only one more day after all. Some of us went back, not all of us wanted to so it was a little quieter than when there is the whole group of us. We spent the day either sitting around waiting to be told what to do, and when we were working it was either weeding or feeding the pandas. We didn't mind the weeding, although it was hard work as it was pulling up vegtable patches and lots of bamboo sticks it was better than doing nothing and it was nice to be doing some manual work outdoors (athough it is still raining!). Today was sightly better than yesterday but we really did feel as though we were not very useful or needed at the sanctuary and that the pandas were not very well cared for at all. We left at the end of the day feeling saddened, however for me a skype call to my family and James cheered me up no end.

Tomorrow we head to a city orphanage to volunteer for another three days...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb