Edit Blog Post
Published: August 3rd 2008
The group has celebrated each person's birthday so far. We've had three. The cakes are so beautiful. Meghan is trying to convince a bakery to make chocolate cake but, well.....
So, here we are again. Today we are slowly killing ourselves due to second hand smoke. We hope you all appreciate it!
We continue to have good food and amazing experiences. We have posted a bunch of pictures with some short descriptions. It is very hard to find and choose the rights photos to post! Between us we have been taking more than 100 photos a day...
Here's a list of our "most useful" items so far! ;-)
1. Toilet Paper. It's a must have in every single bag and pocket. We think this is why the men here carry man-purses... They have to have someplace to put the TP!
2. Sewing kit. We have put back on several buttons and fixed Meghan's umbrella... Seriously, why can't the factories do a better job with the buttons?? We aren't too far away. Maybe we could have a word with them....
3. Rehydration tables. Kwesi has used several as he spends his days sopping in his wet shirt from the sweat. The colour of his shirt changes as soon as he hits the outside! Meghan is thining of harvesting salt off of Kwesi.
Gaomiou Temple in Zhongwei
Entrance to the temple area. Here there were areas for "heaven" and for "hell"!
flops. Oooeeeewww. Does that cover it?
5. Medical kit. We are down at least 20 bandaids by now and half a tube of Polysporin! Lucky the diarrhea pills are still in their package... Kwesi and I have both come close to using the pills but have managed so far to get better quickly!
6. Books. It's been a fast paced tour but we have spent many hours in the bus... Thankfully we both brought more books than was reasonble! Thousands of pages have been read in the past couple of weeks.
7. Washing soap. I don't think anyone would believe how much soap we have gone through so far! Kwesi and Meghan spend time everynight washing clothes. The heat means sweat and when we peel our clothes off at night, oofff, they stink!
8. Purell. Our friend. Sometimes we feel the need to clean our hands just because the air smells so bad!
9. Glue stick. Stamps aren't the "lick and stick" type here! Thank goodness for the $0.49 mini glue stick.
10. Personal cards. A real winner. We even put our picture on the back! Really though, who could forget us? ;-)
Gaomiou Temple in Zhongwei
Very pretty roofs at this temple... We did not stay in this town but just stopped here to take a look at the temple.
That's it for now! We have smoked a pack of cigarettes and feel terrible... We don't know when we will next find an Internet cafe (as we are heading to the desert!) but we always make an effort! We can write the Chinese character for Internet so we should be set. ;-)
Thanks so much for all the notes and emails. We love reading the comments as it connects us to home...
Meghan and Kwesi. In Xian.
Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:www (10.17.0.13); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.2mb