Bell and Drum Tower, Attractions Xian


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
July 4th 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Located at the crossing of the East, West, South, and North avenues in Xian, both the Bell Tower and the Drum tower are very close to each other.

Reasons to go there


Both, the bell tower and the drum tower are worth a visit!

The bell tower was a wooden structure topped with dark green tiles. It is a grand ancient building with traditional Chinese architectural features.

From the top the Bell Tower, visitors can get a bird’s eye view of the surrounding areas and the building’s brightly-decorated eaves.

Standing in a very picturesque location on the west side of the center square of the city of Xi’an, the Drum Tower is only 150 metres away from the Bell Tower.

Helpful Tips


The Bell and Drum Towers are beautifully lit at night.

I recommend to compare hotel prices very well in Xian. Different booking sites have totally different prices for the same hotel. Maybe this site helps you. It compares more than 30 bookings sites at once .


How to get there


Regular buses within the city cost ¥1 (¥2 for air-conditioned, marked with a snow-flake) no matter how far you go. Simply get on. Make sure you have the right amount - usually you don’t get change.

Taxi: The rate for the normal (green) taxis is ¥6 for the first two kilometers and then ¥1.5 for every additional kilometer. Waiting times longer than 2 minutes will be charged ¥1.5 per minute. After 11PM the starting price is ¥7.

Additional Infos


The drum and bell towers were used in ancient times as the time keeping center for the entire city. at 7:00 pm the bells and chimes were rung 13 times. Every two hours after that, the drums were beaten one time to keep time.

Photos of the Drum an Bell Towers


We posted all our photos of the bell and drum towers at findoutwheretogo.com. Travel Xian! You will always remember your trip to Xian.

Don't get trapped!


Prices vary a lot for the SAME hotel in Xian!

It is very important to compare different booking sites for a specific hotel in Xian.

If you think it is too complicated and time consuming to compare 30 hotelbookingsites, here is a helpful page for you: You pick a hotel and the site compares more than 30 booking sites and tells you the prices. Simply pick the lowest rate!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb