Chinese train...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

okokokokok... really quick update. currently in Xi'an. had what can only be described as an interesting train journey here. we took the hard sleeper option... so there are 6 beds crammed into 'cabins' with no doors. kate and i both had the top bunks. but we were right next to the aircon, so not tooo hot. they turned the lights out at 10, and turned them on at 8 so we were basically told to sleep between these hours :S there were some fidgity kids in my cabin... the little boy was quite cute and tried to practice his english on me...
and they are allowed to smoke in these trains. urgh the smell...

i think the best experience from this journey was the station in chengdu. it was phenominally cram packed with thousands (and i mean thousands) of people. and they dont que. we had to fight our way through, dragging our sacs... dump them through security, then on to the departure lounge, which is almost more packed than the rest of the station. again, the que was not so great. it was just a mass of people fighting to get through the departure gates... but once we were through, the train was the easy part. the people on there were all really friendly, but storing our bags was the biggest niightmare on the planet. i had to carry it up the ladder on my back then attempt to store it on an already full luggage rack. *rolls eyes*.
17 hours later, we arrived in Xi'an, and the hostel (who do free pick ups!!!:D) were there waiting with a sign saying LOUISE in bold. 😊 we booked them from our previous hostel.

we lurrrrve the hostel trail :D

kate and i are now getting hungry. so we are off to scavange for food 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb