Made it to Beijing.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangxi » Nanchang
February 12th 2012
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to BeijingWelcome to BeijingWelcome to Beijing

Nice, for the little time we were there.
Didn't have a chance to update the blog last night, since we didn't get to our hotel until about 8:00 PM and have to get up, check out and be waiting in the lobby by 5:30 AM this morning. Early flight to Nanchang so no time to worry about jet lag. Don't think getting up is going to be a problem since it's a little after 2 AM right now and we're already up.

A little more about the ride over here. Beijing looks pretty much like any big city at night, lot's of traffic, lots of buildings, would love to see it in the day time but not this trip. We did drive down this one street that had the most amazing lights on all of the trees. If you've ever seen the movie Advatar when the main character sees the forest at night for the first time that's what this looked like. Amazing!!

I would loved to got a picture but the nice fellow that picked us up load the 3 of us and 6 bags/suitcases into a VW Jetta, at that point I had no idea where the bag was with the camera. Oh well, another great photo-op missed and it would have been a candidate to try for next years calendar.

I won't get a chance to post this until we've got to Nanchang, hope to get online when we get checked in and before we go meet Qing Ling. Time to get started on getting out of here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb