crazy kids and other news


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Zhangjiagang
March 4th 2008
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

heyy!
so, not much has been new since we got back to school..my kids quickly got back into their "normal" routine of being absolutely insane!! lol, but whatever..haha. today one of the 2nd grade classes was so crazy when we were trying to play a game that i ended up just stopping the game to play simon says so they could move around and then teach them a song. but they wouldn't even get quiet enough to hear me call out "simon says.."!! so then i just had the kids that wanted to learn the song come up to the front of the class and i just taught it to them, at least that way the kids that actually want to do something can, otherwise i feel so bad for them...

hmm.. what else is new? met up with fun shi ja last week after not seeing her for awhile which was fun..except the restaurant that we always hung out at is now closed. pretty strange since it was one of the nicest restaurants i've seen here and it was always soo crowded. one of the good clothes stores on the walking street just closed too, weird..

last night we went out to eat at a french restaurant down the street for flora's birthday which was nice. the food's pretty expensive and took forever to come, but i got a salad and salmon which were both very good and worth it since we can't even buy lettuce anywhere here to make a salad, lol.

oh, another new thing this semester is that the primary school now has 2 times each day when the kids can just play!once around 10am and then around 3:30 all of the classes go outside and play for like 15-20 minutes. i wasn't sure what was going on the first day, but i asked the teachers and they said it was new this year. pretty amazing and progressive for a school here, lol. its really nice since its been getting warmer out (its about 57 today) and i've stopped and played with some of the kids on my way back after my last class which is fun. last week i learned 2 chinese games. one was one person is the wolf and everyone asks what time is it and they answer 1:00, 2:00, etc..and then at 12 they run and try to catch everyone. and the other was that we all stood like in a train and the first person is the chicken and the rest are the chicks, and then there's a wolf who runs around and tries to tag one of the chicks and the all have to say in a train.. (if that makes any sense, lol) ..and today i just learned a new game. basically like dodgeball, but we played with a beanbag and one kid stood on one side of the yard and another kid stood on the other side and they threw is back and forth trying to hit the kids running in the middle. haha, very fun though, and the kids are soo excited to have me play with them which is cute : ) keep forgetting my camera though, so maybe tomorrow..and there's a new way to put up videos on here too which might work better so i'll have to try that out soon..

3 tutoring lessons tonight! haa. oh, actually i have a new girl that i tutor who's really nice and fun. she's in 6th grade and goes to my school, but i don't teach her class. she knows all of the kids i teach though, and even though her english isn't great she loves to talk! lol, which is cool, and fun.

haaa. random. 2 guys just knocked on my door, asked me if my water was working in chinese, went into my bathroom and apparently i now have hot water in my sink! lol, i haven't had hot water in my sink since i got here and i had no idea at all that they were planning on fixing it. oh, the tv on the other hand, which stopped working over new years..i found out yesterday is because china switched satellite to digital tv, and now for free you can only get 4 fuzzy channels, which doesn't include the english one of course..

oh, ha, one more thing before i have to go. carol called us yesterday to invite me and candice to go on a trip that the school's organizing for women teachers for women's day on saturday, lol. soo, we're leaving at 7:30am on sat and get a bus ride to shanghai, a hotel room, food at the hotel, and a bus ride back on sunday for free! haa. should be prettyy funny, lol.

k, wow, this post was like allover the place, haha. more pics soon!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb