Nanjing Bu hao!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Zhangjiagang
February 23rd 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BlurrynessBlurrynessBlurryness

This is the road where my hostel was
Well I went to Nanjing 2 days ago, and I came back to Zhangjiagang the following day. I wasn't the slightest bit impressed by what I saw, nor could I be bothered to do all the touristy things, nor did I want to spend much more money and I also felt ill and just wanted to go back home to rest.

Upon arrival in Nanjing I had some difficulties finding myself a place to stay, but after phoning Paul who was in Nanjing and knew the number of the cheap hostel, and a few phone calls and a helpful taxi driver later I finally managed to find my way to the cheap hostel in Fuzi Miao (or however you spell it). The hostel was nice, although there were no lockers in the dorm rooms so I got myself a private room for 150RMB a night which isn't too bad, and the room was very nice.

After settling in I decided to wander around. I somehow managed to completely miss the amazing market in Fuzi Miao which was literally 10 seconds walk from the hostel, and ended up walking probably 2 or 3 miles past some very dull boring dirty
RolexesRolexesRolexes

My babies, I bought 2 rolexes in the market, aswell as a whole load of very cheap DVDs!
shopping streets up to Xinjiekou, the main shopping area and big building area of Nanjing (supposedly). I immediately came to the conclusion that it sucked. I really liked the in-ya-faceness of Shanghai, with the huuuuuge buildings and pretty lights flashing at you all day and night, from what I saw Nanjing didn't seem to have any of this. It just felt really plain and dull. Also I was unable to find it that tourist friendly. To be fair though, I arrived with no map and barely a clue of what I wanted to do, but I did try to buy a map and found I couldn't buy any English ones, which was really no help at all.

There were lots of touristy parks and museums I could have somehow worked out to visit which maybe would have given me a better impression of Nanjing but I really couldn't be bothered. So in conclusion, I think Nanjing is crap. Enjoy the few photos I took of Fuzi Miao.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Errr...Errr...
Errr...

I think there was a bridge here and that's why I took this picture.
Market areaMarket area
Market area

This is where I bought my Rolex watches and cheap DVDs


24th March 2007

ok
nice!

Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb