Sketches from the field


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Yangzhou
June 20th 2010
Published: June 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sometimes it feels as though the best way to smell the proverbial flowers is to simply sit down with a piece of paper and a pen.

The first batch of drawings are from a early spring trip to Suzhou, just down-stream from Yangzhou on the Yangtzi River. The city is famous for three things - silk, gardens, and of course beautiful women. My interests, at least with pen and paper, lie in the gardens. The second set of sketches are from a recent trip to Xi’an, home of the famous terra cotta warriors. While I did not sketch any of the warriors (the camera did the trick for me there) I spent quite a bit of time in and around the old city wall. Xi’an has one of the largest and best kept city walls in all of China and now days travelers can rent bicycles and circumnavigate the city on top of the wall.

Enjoy!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



23rd June 2010

Sketches for my sweetheart...
Just borrowing from an unfinished title by Jeff Buckley. Yes, indeed, you have the gift when it comes to the gab... and very much so when it comes to the art. Inspirational stuff... and a beautiful series of blogs that would make a worthy collection for anyone to enjoy.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb