# 125 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China (*INVITATION TO TEACH AT TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou » Taizhou University
June 17th 2010
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLLEGE IN JIANGSU, PRCWelcome to TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLLEGE IN JIANGSU, PRCWelcome to TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLLEGE IN JIANGSU, PRC

The Staff and Students of Taizhou Teachers College offer their talents to an appreciative audience.
***Dear Friends: PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF MY "NEW" E-MAIL: HSchneider101@gmail.com (The reasons are noted below)

The Financial Crisis and the difficult and tense economic conditions in Western Countries, especially in America, seems to be putting the jobs of many teachers in jeopardy. Educated and experienced and reluctantly, some instructors will retire early, recent graduates will look for positions in vain, others may feel personal frustration with their insecure employment conditions, while many more may have already been layed off.

If you find yourself among these groups of anxious individuals, may I suggest the opportunities available as a teacher at my college in China, "TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE", in the East-coast Province of Jiangsu. TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE invites qualified college graduates to apply for the positions available as English teachers or German teachers in our small college, where many of the students are training to become the future educators for the children of China.

As it has been for me, grasping the opportunity to teach in China, specifically in my city of Taizhou, Jiangsu, may well become the adventure of a life-time. The experience may fill your early life with great and desirable experience, so much appreciated by future
The most recognizable building on the campus of Taizhou Teachers College.The most recognizable building on the campus of Taizhou Teachers College.The most recognizable building on the campus of Taizhou Teachers College.

The distinctive architecture of the Sportshall and Auditorium (Sportorium) is the landmark building on the campus of TTC.
employers. For sure, it will bring to those in their "golden years" personal satisfaction for the heart and the soul and great late-life adventures.

As in the United States, the fall semester in Chinese schools begins in early September and ends around the time of the Chinese Lunar New Year (January/February). The second semester begins after the Chinese Lunar New Year and ends in the middle of June. It will provide you with months of exciting travels. The time to apply for a teaching position at Taizhou Teachers College is best, right NOW!

Founded in 1952, TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE (TTC) is situated in one of the most beautiful scenic areas of Taizhou City, a provincial city of Jiangsu Province, and enjoys a long history of more than 2,000 years, with a population of some 5 Million, over an extended and fertile area. Taizhou has a long tradition and the citizens are known for their respect for learning and education. TAIZHOU TEACHER COLLEGE is a leading Liberal Arts College in quickly developing Jiangsu Province, on the East-coat of China, and enjoys a reputation for the quality of research and teaching.

TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE is a small but proud
Mr. Xu, President of Taizhou Teachers College (left)Mr. Xu, President of Taizhou Teachers College (left)Mr. Xu, President of Taizhou Teachers College (left)

Mr. Xu, Honorable President of Taizhou Teachers College invites you to visit the campus of TTC anytime. He will receive you as a special guest and wants you to experience the hospitality of the Chinese people.
teachers college, and offers its students rigorous and diverse three- to five- year programs in the fields of education, business, engineering, as well as the arts and sciences. The academic majors are recognized by the Jiangsu Provincial Education Department as excellent and as successful.

The college offers programs to some 8,000 students on three independent campuses: Chinese Language and Literature, Mathematics, Science, English, Korean, German and Japanese, Experimental Primary-teacher Education, Computer Science, Music, Art, and Distance Learning.

Each of the departments encourages their students in the "Teaching Profession", or prepares them for other exciting national and international careers in Business Management, Hotel Management, and Computer Science.

TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE is proud of its traditions and development as a leading institution of higher learning in Jiangsu Province, PRC. The college has been appraised by the National Ministry of Education as one of "distinction". It has been approved by the Jiangsu Provincial Ministry of Education as a "Model Teachers College" for social development, and has been recognized as one of the leading and innovative schools in Jiangsu Province. Its quality of instruction and its efforts in language-teaching research have brought it honor and distinction.

TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE produces
Mathias and Goetz receive a good-bye present from Mr. Arthur Lee.Mathias and Goetz receive a good-bye present from Mr. Arthur Lee.Mathias and Goetz receive a good-bye present from Mr. Arthur Lee.

Sadly, Mathias and Goetz will be leaving at the end of this semester. Mr. Arthur Lee honors them with a small gift, so that they may remember their time at Taizhou Teachers College. The students at TTC are quite sad to see them leave, for they have benefitted so much from their excellent teaching skills.
a co-educational teaching experience presented by a qualified and highly dedicated faculty, who are eager to develop a vital foundation for each student's successful and satisfying career.

More than 50 overseas teachers have already successfully shared their experience and knowledge with the students at TTC. TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE continues to invite "qualified" foreign teachers to work, and share the joys of teaching and learning with the dedicated students and the friendly staff at our "garden campus".

TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE is also seeking co-operative projects with English-speaking academic institutions to:

1. Operate as international hosts in the exchange of ideas and trends of modern education in the respective countries.
2. Develop foreign and domestic faculties in Tourism Management, Business English, Construction Engineering, Computer Science and in the teaching of English/Chinese in partner schools.
3. Facilitate programs of exchange for teachers, students, and other professionals on a regular basis.
4. Sponsor foreign and domestic academic faculty and students, researching the fields of traditional and modern Chinese art and culture.

***RECRUITMENT INFORMATION:

1. TAIZHOU TEACHER COLLEGE has up to 10 vacancies for qualified educators of any age, who possess a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or Ph.D., with majors
Taizhou is also known as City of the Phoenix.Taizhou is also known as City of the Phoenix.Taizhou is also known as City of the Phoenix.

Taizhou is also known as the City of the Phoenix, symbolized by this abstract red monument in the center of the main college avenue.
in ESOL, Education or Secondary Educaton, Language & Literature, Journalism, Business and Economics. Of course, work experience is always a plus. Couples are encouraged to apply.

2. The workload is between 16 to 18 class hours per week each lasting 45 minutes. Participation in English Corners and extra curricular activities are encouraged. At times, foreign teachers will also be asked to present seminars and presentations to staff and students.

3. The monthly pay is between 4,000 RMB to 6,000 RMB, depending on degree and experience. It includes 3 hours of Chinese lessons per week. (Compensation is similar in all colleges throughout China, and regulated by government.) Please not, that a typical Chinese teacher receives a salary of far less than 3,000 RMB!

4. Round-Trip airfare is offered at the end of each successful teaching year.

5. A travel-allowance of 4,000 RMB each year is part of the contract.

6. A valid Visa and other official documents will be part of the responsibility of the college.

7. Three free meals per day are supplied by the college cafeteria.

8. A modern,spacious and secure furnished apartment on campus will be provided and includes: Heat and
The Central College Campus AvenueThe Central College Campus AvenueThe Central College Campus Avenue

A wide and tree-lined avenue leads toward the main campus building.
A/C; free 24 hour internet connection; one Bedroom with linens and complete beddings; one Living room; Bathroom with shower and Western-toilet and towels; complete Kitchen with dishes, cooking utilities, pots and pans and microwave; Flat-screen color-TV with English Channel CCTV-9; Refrigerator; Washing machine; and Telephone, including free 'local' calls.

9. Well-stocked Supermarkets, a variety of stores and numerous restaurants, serving every kind of delicious Chinese food, surround the green garden-campus of TTC.

10. Several long-distance bus stations and a new train station will provide transportation to every part of China. A national airport is under construction. (There are international airports in Shanghai and Nanjing.)

11. Many historical cities are within easy reach: Shanghai in 3 hours, Nanjing in 2 hours, Suzhou in 2 hours, and Yangzhou in 1 hour (by bus). There are direct overnight sleeper-trains to Beijing and Harbin daily. Others will take you to such cities as Chengdu in Sichuan, home of the Panda Bear, Xi'an in Shaanxi, home of the Terra Cotta Warriors, and Shenzhen in Guangdong, the neighbor city of HongKong. (A "High-Speed" Railway is under construction.)

12. The City of Taizhou has been the home of many revered educators throughout its
Trees line every pathway of the campus.Trees line every pathway of the campus.Trees line every pathway of the campus.

In the city of Taizhou, the campus of TTC is also known as the Garden Campus, one of the greenest spaces in the city. This road leads to the Technology Building in the distance.
proud history, and is the home town of the famed Beijing Opera Star, Mr. Mei Lanfang. It is a community, that has valued education throughout its 2,000 year history, and is quickly developing into one of the major cities in Jiangsu Province. Industries from around the world are finding Taizhou a good partner in which to develop their businesses. From Ship-building to the construction of one of the largest "medical research" cities in the world, its economy is booming and is bringing prosperity to its citizens. Diverse agriculture, surrounding the city, make it part of China's "bread-basket". Parks and green-spaces continue to be developed and elevate the quality of life almost daily.

*****A MESSAGE FROM THE HONORABLE PRESIDENT OF TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE, MR. JIN-CHENG XU:

"Let me welcome you to our wonderful College. I am delighted by your interest in our school, and hope that we might one day soon be your host in exploring our campus and our proud city of Taizhou. Ours is a teachers college with special emphasis on teaching students practical skills and techniques, a college of proud traditions and honorable accomplishments. The graduates are the future teachers and leaders of our country,
The Sportorium  on the campus of TTCThe Sportorium  on the campus of TTCThe Sportorium on the campus of TTC

The building is used for major performances of the arts- and for sports events.
and we invite you to join us as partners in their important development. Taizhou Teachers College is always ready to welcome you as a friend, and I hope you will accept our hospitality."
Sincerely,
Mr. Jin-Cheng Xu
President,
Taizhou Teachers College
************************************************

If you require additional information regarding a position at TAIZHOU TEACHERS COLLEGE, you are welcome to write to me directly through my TravelBlog or my E-mail: hschneider101@gmail.com

For specific information, please address your interest directly to:

Mr. Arthur Lee
Director of International Co-operation
Taizhou Teachers College of Jiangsu Province
#100 Chunhui Rd., Taizhou, Jiangsu Province,
P.R. of China, 225300
Tel. 00-86-523-6667816
E-mail: arthurlee65@yahoo.com.cn
Taizhou Teachers College Web-site: http://www.tzsz.net

I encourage you to visit the 124 Chapters of my TravelBlog again. These have shared with you my life at Taizhou Teachers College and my travels and visits within China, with detailed commentaries and 1,000's of colorful photos.

I hope, that I might see you soon as a member of the Faculty of Taizhou Teachers College, where caring and loving students are waiting for your expertise on their road to becoming the future teachers and leaders of China.
---------------------------------------------

**********BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS WITH 'MSN',
One of several girl's dormitories in the distanceOne of several girl's dormitories in the distanceOne of several girl's dormitories in the distance

Taizhou Teachers College is located on three campusses. The main campus of TTC is not so large and houses about 4,000 students. The campus-grounds are lovely, especially during the spring time, when hundreds of trees display their colors.
I NEED TO INFORM YOU OF A CHANGE IN MY E-MAIL. MY "NEW" E-MAIL:

hschneider101@gmail.com

Please make a note of my new E-mail. I am sorry for the trouble. A "worm" has entered my computer, stole all of my contact addresses of family, friends, students, teachers and contacts from my TravelBlog. Spam mail from an online pharmacy was then sent to all of these contacts, and probably to you. I am so sorry. In turn, MSN has deleted my account, though they have made no attempt to discover the worm, which has recently infected millions of computers around the world.
I have contacted MSN at least 9 times to discuss the problems of this worm, and as of this date, not one person in Microsoft customer service has contacted me on how to resolve this problem. I guess "Microsoft" just doesn't care so much for the "little" people. Shame on you, "Microsoft"!!! In turn I have lost all of my unanswered emails. If your e-mail is one of them, please resend it to my new address: hschneider101@gmail.com
Again I am very sorry for this problem. But it is not of my doing. Thank you for your understanding.
The Music Building on the Campus of TTCThe Music Building on the Campus of TTCThe Music Building on the Campus of TTC

When passing the music building, one can hear the sounds of our talented music-majors, often practicing their typical Chinese instruments, along with piano and their beautiful voices.

---------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy the 83 photos of life at Taizhou Teachers College, and I encourage you to enlarge them for greater details. Thank you for your thoughts, questions, comments and suggestions.







Additional photos below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 29


Advertisement

The Library of Taizhou Teachers CollegeThe Library of Taizhou Teachers College
The Library of Taizhou Teachers College

The entrance leads to a small courtyard, which is surrounded by buildings, housing the collection of research material.
Office Building for the various College DepartmentsOffice Building for the various College Departments
Office Building for the various College Departments

Each floor of the office building houses the administrations of different departments. The Foreign Language Office is located on the 4th floor, including the offices of the Foreign Teachers.
The Cafeteria for students and teachers of TTCThe Cafeteria for students and teachers of TTC
The Cafeteria for students and teachers of TTC

Three meals are served each day to the students, faculty and staff at this hall. Here, the Foreign Teachers also enjoy their daily Chinese meals.
Part of the Garden-campus of TTC is a small central lake.Part of the Garden-campus of TTC is a small central lake.
Part of the Garden-campus of TTC is a small central lake.

A small central lake and park area graces the campus of TTC. During the spring season, colorful peach trees display the pink and red colors on both sides of the small lake. The Technology building can be seen in the distance.
Science and Technology Bld. of Taizhou Teachers College in Jiangsu, PRCScience and Technology Bld. of Taizhou Teachers College in Jiangsu, PRC
Science and Technology Bld. of Taizhou Teachers College in Jiangsu, PRC

Spring time is the most colorful season on the Garden-Campus of Taizhou Teachers College, as hundreds of trees display their blossoms.
The lush Garden-campus of Taizhou Teachers CollegeThe lush Garden-campus of Taizhou Teachers College
The lush Garden-campus of Taizhou Teachers College

Students, staff and visitors walk among tall and mature trees, making the camputs of Taizhou Teachers College the greenest campus in the city of Taizhou.
Main Entrance of Taizhou Teachers CollegeMain Entrance of Taizhou Teachers College
Main Entrance of Taizhou Teachers College

The tree-lined,main avenue of the college guides residents and visitors toward the main administrative- and teaching buildings.
The distinctive "Sportorium" is the landmark signature of Taizhou Teachers College.The distinctive "Sportorium" is the landmark signature of Taizhou Teachers College.
The distinctive "Sportorium" is the landmark signature of Taizhou Teachers College.

The largest and most distinctive building on the campus is the College Gymnasium. For many events, the building doubles as a spacious auditorium.
Spring Colors on the Campus of TTCSpring Colors on the Campus of TTC
Spring Colors on the Campus of TTC

The campus of Taizhou Teachers College is the oldest, and is often referred to as Taizhou's Garden Campus.
An Outdoor English CornerAn Outdoor English Corner
An Outdoor English Corner

At various times, students organize "English Corners". Because of the good weather, they are often held out-doors. Students organize activities, to encourage the practice of Foreign Languages.
The Foreign Language Teaching BuildingThe Foreign Language Teaching Building
The Foreign Language Teaching Building

Most of the Foreign Language Classes are conducted in this building.


16th June 2010

so perfect
Schneider! It's as if you read my mind from across the world. I was actually going to email you this week to ask information on teaching English in other countries because I have two friends who are very interested. Thank you for the post! I have forwarded this to them in case they are interested in teaching at Taizhou Teachers College .
16th June 2010

Magnificent again
Hello Hans, OH, IF I was just 20 years younger how I would love just a month or two of your experience at Taizhou. The photos capture the moments... the blazen colours of costume, performance and 5000 year Culture, but best of all, the faces of all those wonderful people. About now you will see the ink turn a brighter shade of green. Visited Expo in May, there is a possibility I may be going back with our delegation for a few days in August to assist at the NZ Pavilion. Make sure you get to visit this vast site... you need a week to see it all. OK, take care...kevin
30th September 2010

some advice
Hello,Hans!I am one of your students majoring in English Teaching of TTC.Just now I read your Chapter125.Your article is easy to understand and our school is alive in your writing.I think it would be better if you give us an account of some stories happened between you and your students.In my eyes,that could be more active and alive.Besides,I'd like to point out a small mistake In the 7th paragraph of Chapter 125.In fact, there are seven departments and two pre-college departments in our school." English, Korean, German and Japanese, Experimental Primary-teacher Education" you have mentioned in your writings are just some majors in Foreign Language Department.I think you must be mistake these majors for departments.If I made any mistakes in my comments,just forget it.
18th July 2014
Apartment for Foreign Teachers at TTC, Photo #6

Thank you
Thank you Hans, for your wonderful blog!! I have read many entries and greatly enjoyed it. Thank you especially for the pictures of your beautiful home in China. It helped easy the mind of this mom/wife who is moving. It is silly to worry about such things but I am so thankful for the pictures of the apartments. I am excited to start a new journey in Taizhou. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up a blog to keep a record of our time there as well.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb