Mudu in a Thunderstorm


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Suzhou
June 30th 2012
Published: June 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Wow is the first thing that I can say. The Hongying Mountain Villa was worth the trip there and the entry fee. Really beautiful. It felt like we were on a Film set. Now there was opulent living it even had it's own opera stage.

Mudu is really easy to get to from Suzhou on the new metro and then a pedicab, 15rmb, to the old town. You then pay 60 rmb for a ticket which gives you access to four old houses with gardens. Really worth the money. These houses were splendid.

The only downer was the weather. It rained nearly all day and I mean rained we had thunder and lightning at one point. It was very relaxing sitting in the gardens watching the rain fall of the lily pads. I don't think it would be this tranquil at weekends. There were only a few tour groups and we managed to avoid each other right to the end.

It's a shame we didn't have another day around here instead of having to go to Shanghai. I'm kicking myself for getting my dates wrong.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



17th August 2012

Thanks
Thanks, very nice, informative and appetizing pictures !

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb