Day and night in Nanjing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
October 3rd 2005
Published: October 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

After a late night of Nanjing bar cabbing we were up far too early but as it is our last full day here it had to be done.Walked a few blocks and tried another restaurant.Good news an english menu so my foggy brain was not challenged and the resultant meal excellent.After breakfast we tok a cab to see the mausoleum of Dr Sun Yatsen the father of modern China who came up with the three principles of the people, Nationalism,Democracy and the People's livelihood.Again it seems we were not the only ones with such a plan for the day.The place was swarming with buses and cabs and people by the thousands.As we approached a small girl came up to us with her parents closely shadowing.She launched into a little speech introducing herself and welcoming us to China.She presented us with a Chinese flag she had made and a book mark with her name,age and school written in English.Her parents beamed and we melted.We were asked to sign her sheet of paper as proof I suppose of the alien contact upon her return to class. The Mausoleum is situated in a huge park on a mountain,again well maintained and spotless.The walk up far too many stairs was a challenge for a low energy day but I pressed on.At the top there was a fine view of the city and mountains off in the distance.The line to actually walk by the tomb was too long so we just headed back down again.While walking along I noticed a man walking with me,actuallly in exact pace with me and when I looked I could see he was being followed by another comrade with a camera trying to get the photo of his friend with me.I laughed stopped and posed with the man putting my arms over his shoulder.Well one picture wasn't enough and they had to change positions for another round.A couple of others asked to take pictures with us as we walked down in the crowd.It is nice to know I am in someone's slide show at home.
After returning to Noah's we waited for the tailor who showed up at about 3:30 with finished suits and shirts.My two shirts are great and the boys seems happy with the suits with Chris, the third roommate, vowing to also get one with his boss.
Watched some TV and the we went out for some Indian food.
After supper we finally made it to the night market a bustling area of medium size and small shops and stalls selling everything from nuts to bras.The street meat grills were fired up with skewers of unnamed meats and lots of lights and activity all around.We stayed away from the meat but did buy some unidentified spicy nut things.Back to Noah's and off to bed.Tomorrow we take a train at 2 PM for Hangzhou. Good night bloggers assorted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0984s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb