Mulin Mountain Trip


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
June 14th 2010
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As the end of the university year is almost over, we were invited by one of Trevor's classes to join them for an end of year trip to a rainforest mountain area north of Wuhan. The tradiiton around Mulan Mountain is it was the fortified area of the first female general of one of the early dynasty's, General Mulan.
The bus trip took about an hour and a half, we still have trouble getting use to vehicles travelling on the wrong side of the road whilst trying to avoid pot holes and barely making it back to the right side of the road, (which is still the wrong side) after both vehicles constantly blasting their horn.
The 33 students and us stayed in hotel accommodation which was originally the farm workers accommodation from years ago. We enjoyed a bbq dinner cooked by the students, check out the pictures of what the chinese call a bbq, followed by a bonfire, fireworks, karoke and dancing and yes we did join in.
Tuesday we had a guided tour to the top of the mountain and as you will see from the pictures it is a beautiful, scenic place. At the top of the mountain we were amazed to find a large lake with grass slides, flying foxes, boat rides and on the other side of the lake was General Mulans village and fortefied barracks area as well as the dam wall.
Enjoy the photos. Our next blog will be on our travels during summer break when we will be leaving in early July.


Additional photos below
Photos: 98, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th June 2010

wow
Those are some fantastic photos...Your students look amazing and a lot of fun. You both look incredible in photo 36 and is that Trevor dressed in the gold costume in Pht. 66 and 67? Love, Karen PS. I don't have a blog for the Dragon Festival? xx

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb