Another Busy Day


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

WOW - we go and go and go. I have had no time to post entries or pictures. Teaching was over yesterday, Friday, so I can no longer post pictures. It won't work here at the internet cafe. We moved out of our hotel into Yarna's apartment down the street. She lives in another city, but her husband bought an apartment for then in Xinyang, so they have a place to stay when they need it. Today we didn't do much. I made 2 trips to immigration to try and get our visas extended today. We are over staying our visas by 2 days, so it will cost us almost $150 each to extend them for 7 days - ugh! Oh well, now we won't be arrested! We didn't have enough cash today to pay for the extension, so will go back tomorrow morning (Saturday) after going to get a cash advance at the Bank of China, and pay the fee. They are opening just for us! Only in China!

So we are settled into Yarna's. She spent most of the day with us, and, of course, fixed us a wonderful lunch. Too much food as usual, but very good! She then went with us to the hotel by the train station to wish the rest of the teachers off. All the other teachers except Lois - who is home by now - and Ken - who is on a train to Beijing by now - are now on a train headed to Xi'an for sightseeing. This is where the Terra Cotta Warriours are - it is great! They will then head to Hong Kong and depart from there! We will stay in Xinyang until Monday night. Then we will take the overnight train to Beijing, spend 2 days in Beijing and then head home on the 7th.


Advertisement



1st August 2008

Please be careful in Beijing. I'm sure it is getting more populated for the Olympics and you know how Westerners can be :)

Tot: 0.45s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb