Let the winter holidays begin


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Heilongjiang » Harbin
January 10th 2012
Published: January 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

It's been a long while. So the holidays have begun. We've had a few hiccups, train tickets are so hard to come by at the minute so we're having to fly more than I wanted to, but we've finally made up to Haerbin. The trip up here was fairly uneventful. We had an afternoon to kill in Beijing so we went and had some Peking duck, which we didn't have the last time we were there, which was delicious.

On arriving in Haerbin nothing really prepares you for how cold it is here. While waiting for a taxi outside the station I realised how cold it was because my beard froze!! We chilled out the first day because we couldn't get sleeper train tickets and had to get seats, it was a bullet train and first classso the seats were comfortable but not for sleeping in.

The hostel we are staying in is full of character as it's in the oldest synagogue in Haerbin, the room isn't as good as some of the other hostels we've stayed in.

The city itself is really beautiful with a heavy Russian influence on the architecture. Lots of onion domed rooves.



Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb