Hainan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hainan » Sanya
December 4th 2007
Published: December 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alot has happend since I last wrote here. So try to keep it extremely short. Am really hungry at the moment as well so another reason to keep it short.

Last days in Beijing was most about shopping. Nothing fro me almost though. Last night was a weird night. Had decided to stay up til 4 am to watch the england-croatia game. Had been out shopping non stop for 7 hours during the day and was very tired. But somehow manged to stay awake. Wnet to many bars and then ended up in a pub for the game. Me and three Englishs. Sorry guys. Took a taxi back to the hostel afterwards but the taxi driver had no idea where our hostel were (happens very often here, the taxi driver say they know the address but don't have a clue) so we drove around in Beijing for an hour when it wasn't more than 10 minutes drive to the hostel.

Kerry and I left the following night and had a nice train ride to Xian. Got there the next morning and just did some more shopping and went to mcDonalds three times that day. Day after that we went to see the Terracotta Warriors. Was pretty cool actually but very touristy. Went back on a train the later that day to go to Guilin. 28 hours that more felt like 28 years. Annoying chinease girils with extremly loud voices that cut trhough Metallica on higesth volume in my I-pod. Was in a killing mood the whole trip. Got of late evning and took a bus straight to Yangshuo. Got there in the middle of the night, found a hostel and some street food and went to bed in a very dodgy dorm.

Woke up early and went out in the sun wearing shorts!! Finally. changed hostel then went Kayaking on the river. yangshuo is one of the coolest placves I've seen. So beautiful with werid hills/mountains popping up from the ground everywhere. The Kayaking was cool and cold afterwards when no one was there to pick us up and we had to walk through a small village all wet to catch the bouncy local bus back.

Next day I went Rockclimbing. Me and two guides. Really really good climbing! Recommended for everyone that like to do that. A big and thick piece of skin fell of from my finger though and has been bothered me for many days but now seems to heel allright.

A new day and new adventures. Went biking, me, Kerry and a crazy aussie guy. Went along the river and thorugh villages. Very nice. Met up with an English guy, Jack that I've met before in Ulan Bator and Beijing, later that night.

The following days we didn't do much. Made some new friends, met some old ones and shilled out. Kerry left for Hong Kong to meet a friend there and fix a few stuff while me and Jack stayed one more day before we left for Hainan, the Island south of China. Wasn'g gonna take more than 20 hours in total but after a bus that was 4 hours delayed and than broke down in the middle of nowhere for 5 hours it took much longer.. a horrible sleeper bus with short and narrow beds and horrible loud people. Killing mood again.

But got here to Hainan, China's Hawaii eventaully. Is reallt nice. Beaches and very wram. Is really a holliday resort this place. Mostly for Russians (every sign here is in chinease and russian, not in english and every one say hello in russian) and chinease (walking around in matching hawaii outfits, shorts and shirts in same color).Have been here two days and just chilled out. Met some nice people, reading on the beach and things like that. Is like a holliday in the traveling. Tomorrow we will go surfing which will be great fun! are then waiting for Kerry to come someday hopefully.

The main reason I went here, me and many others that came here, was because a few lines in Lonely planet china that says is possible to take a boat from here to Vietnam. But no, not possible. So have to take a new sleeper bus again for 20 hours to Nanning and then a new bus to the Vietnamese border and another bus when I've crossed it. Plan to leave on Sunday, me, Jack and a swedish guy.

Is such a big contrast to be hee comparing to Mongolia and Russia.. Can't belive that it's only a few weeks ago that I was absolutlkey freezing in Gobi and am now sweating on Hainan. What's weird also is that my birthday is on Friday. What happend to this year?? My last birthday in Byron Bay feels like it was only a few weeks ago but in the same time like 10 years ago. Weird werid. Anyway, hope that this birthday will be as good as the last one, can't be the same but I'm sure it will be good! All I've said I want is seafood and it's plenty of that here so won't be any problems.

No photos today, need food. Wait til I hopefully have some cool surf photos as well!

Take care everyone


Advertisement



4th December 2007

Crazy Days!
Sounds like a hectic time you're having Johanna! All the best until the next update and happy birthday for friday, will have a beer in your honour!
6th December 2007

Grattis grattis grattis!!!!!!!!!!!
VI sitter här i mörkret Tärby och hoppas du får en bra födelsedag. Detär i alla fall ingen snö att längta till. Den finns i Jämtland- Mycket. Vi ska hurra för dig i morgon (och utbringa en och annan skål) Alltså: Grattis och många pussar och kramar från mamma, pappa och Tigger, ditt eget lilla ludna kattskrälle!!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb