Our holiday/adventure thus far


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
October 31st 2006
Published: October 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well yesterday's internet session was pretty rushed - not to mention we had no idea how much we were going to pay for how long and SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE in the room agh. Today we have it sussed in our current hotel - 5 Yuan for a half hour, that's not even a $1!!!!!

Soooo I have some time to properly time up what we've been up to on days 1-5 of our trip.

Day 1 - Hong Kong
The flight was ok, but I was royally p'd off as they downgraded our plane - we were supposed to have individual screens with video on demand but agh no such luck. We got stuck watching whatever dodgy movie they threw up on the screen that was WAY away ftom us anyway, ah well.

We stayed at the Booth Lodge hotel in HK - run by the salvation army, seirously it aint what you think and was very nice with a great location (just off Nathan road and near a subway station).

We would totally go back to HK there is just so much to do. Mind you the smog is just awful, such a shame. Day 1 only saw us at the hotel late that night so we just had enough time to wander around the Temple Street/Ladies markets and grab dinner (local restaurant) - seriously, we ordered 3 dishes between the three of us and they were huge and it only cost us $10 aussie for the three of us! hahhaha

The locals cracked up laughing watching Dean trying to negotiate chopsticks (he has since improved but also has his trusty plastic fork handy at all times).


Day 2 - Hong Kong

Today we managed to get lost on Nathan Road (more than once!) but got it sussed finally (we kept heading the wrong way!). We checked out the Space Museum (Dean was in heaven!) and got the hang of the local railway/subway system (MTR) which is just SOOO cool to use.

That night we did a tour taking in a harbour cruise, 9 course dinner at the Jumbo Floating Restaurant in Aberdeen and then half way up the Vic Peak for sight seeing. The skyline is amazing.

One thing we learnt in HK was "you snooze you lose" no one is terribly polite as there's just so many people so it's every man for himself.

Day 3 - Hong Kong

Today we did a HK Island tour - so Up the top of Vic Peak (unspectacular with smog everywhere), went on Sampans around the Aberdeen Fishing Village, past Repulse Bay and lunch at the Stanley Markets.

We had some awful arrogant italians on the tour that were just rude rude rude, as we left Kate couldn't help herlsef and pulled a finger and the oung guy retorted by pulling the face. It was freaking hilarious.

We had dinner down near the pier ans watched the light show (AMAZING, its the bigges in the world, 25 building or something lighting up with lasers etc to music EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!!). Honestly it is like Perth's skyshow but better EVERYNIGHT!

So that was Hong Kong, frantic but fun in a nutshell.


Advertisement



31st October 2006

Sounds awesome!
So glad you're having such fun... it sounds just wonderful... I hope you're taking scads of pics! Meet any canucks on your tour?
1st November 2006

Sounds like a blast! Can't wait to hear more and see all the pics when you get back.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb