Sore bums all round!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
July 6th 2006
Published: July 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

YangshuoYangshuoYangshuo

Views of Yangshuo whilst bike riding
Up early(makes a change) for our bike ride. We were leaving the Fawltey Tower hotel to ride to a smaller hotel in the country side called the Yangshuo Outside Inn, it is the same place that we had our cooking class.

It is so easy to ride a bike around Yangshuo, have to admit a tad scary at first untill you get use to the cars and hundreds of other bikes around you. We rode for about 3 hours taking in the scenery. It was really just so hot. Everytime we stopped the sweat began pouring off of us. We got so hot that whilst riding our tour guide let us stop t a river to take a dip. It was lovley, untill I touched something in the water and it scared me and I jumped out like my life depended on it. I remember now why I have never liked swimming in rivers!!! Back on the bikes we rode to Moon hill. Moon Hill is a tourist attraction that consists of a mountain with hole in it at the top. You could get to the top, but first you had to climb about 1000 steps or so it seemed.
YangshuoYangshuoYangshuo

Us all having a little dip to cool down in a river!
Must admit after 4 hours riding a bike it boiling conditions climbing that many steps was a struggle. Rachel and I didn't think we were going to make it at all, really I though I was gonna collapse. We finally made it and the view was spectacular, you can see for miles and miles, well worth all the hardwork, effort, blood sweat and tears(ok a bit dramatic). After 6 hours biking through Yangshuo, we made it to the Outside Inn. Tired sweaty, smelly and just about able to walk as our bums were hurting so much we got into our room. I thought the rooms were fab. Real rustic charm. All buildings were traditionaly built out of mud bricks. It is so quite and peaceful, really relaxing. The only downide is that it was so hot no one could stop sweating so sleep was really hard to come by. Also those pesky mosquito's were everywhere even with nets Rachel and I were still getting bitten.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

YangshuoYangshuo
Yangshuo

View from the evil Moon Hill


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb