Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
May 23rd 2012
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

OompaloompahsOompaloompahsOompaloompahs

When we were in the Shentu Stream - a tributary of the Yangtze, we were expected to wear these yellow lifejackets when we got off the boat to see the origins of the stream, and I thought we looked like the workers in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Just a short paragraph on the beauties of this spot. Population of only about 300,000, which makes it very small by Chinese standards, this is also a very touristy spot with many foreigners around - including us!! The karsts are gorgeous, the people are very friendly and the food is funky - we have eaten water snails stuffed - very tasty, frogs - mmmm not my preference, duck, pork, baby shrimp cooked to crunchiness, taro crispy sticks to name a few things - great place to experiment, We also had to try the beer fish and rice noodles - both are local specialities.

Yesterday we went for a Li River cruise - lovely spot to view the karsts which are plentiful and very beautiful. and today we went for a bike ride through the lanes and the highways around the town. Great way of seeing things up close and we finished off with lunch at the Moon Cliff farmhouse for a tasty lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Rubbish removalRubbish removal
Rubbish removal

Still at Yichang, Roman decided to try the local pizza style offering - very nice - and behind the rubbish man was removing the rubbish ...
Hotel view YichangHotel view Yichang
Hotel view Yichang

back of people's apartment blocks
street corner shopppingstreet corner shoppping
street corner shoppping

The street corner from our hotel had a local market and it was intriguing to see how the locals managed their shopping..
Cormoret FishermanCormoret Fisherman
Cormoret Fisherman

One of the ways to catch fish is to get cormorents to do it for you
Lotus flowerLotus flower
Lotus flower

Beds of lotuses are everywhere


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb