Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
September 9th 2011
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I wanted to spend my last week in China based in one place and Yangshou had good reports from other travellers and had a mixture great out-door activities and a decent nightlife and also a good selection of hostels but was a small resort town with lots of surrounding countryside. The last three weeks had consisted of some serious travelling in terms of distance and constantly being on the go in some of the busiest tourist places at peak season. Shanghai, Yangzi River cruise, Giant Budha, Lijing, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Dali and Tibet would have to wait until the next trip to China. In Yangshuo I stayed in two different hostels Long Time No See and Trippers which was around 15 minutes walk from the centre. I went to the amazing light show, chilled out in the café’s, went mountain biking with a guide for a day, visited the Moon Hill, Banyan Tree, went Coramont night fishing, swam in the Li River and had a couple of good nights out with other travellers in the Trippers hostel (including going to a couple of dodgy Chineese nightclubs that were like Tots in the 1980’s!!!). It was a very enjoyable week and a great end to an amazing month in China (I just can't wait to get back there!). The next day I got the bus back to Gulin for the night and then took the Red Eye out to Shenzhen in order to cross the border into Hong Kong which I was really looking forward to visiting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb