Guilin - Yangshuo (Li river cruise)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
June 20th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Guilin - Yangshuo (Li river cruise)
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo By 00jase
June 20th 2007
Awesome Krast
Awesome Krast
Got up sort of last minute dot com but still managed to catch breakfast. We then transfered all our stuff to the bus down stairs and were taken to a small dock just outside of Guilin.

Today we were heading to the beautiful town of Yangshuo. Well the town of Yangshou I didt know much about but what I did know was that the town is completely surrounded by beautiful Krast Mountains. Guilin is surrounded by a few but apparently nothing like Yangshou and the added bonus was that we were getting there by boat via the Li river which snakes its way through these amazing mountains.

An hour before arriving at Yangshou we decended from the top deck for our banquet lunch which was very nice.

We arrived in Yangshou at 1:30 and it was incredibly hot. I guess the Krast mountains protect Yangshou from any cooling breeze what so ever.
We then had a breif walk around with Lockie to get our bairings before checking into the Magnolia hotel. Theroom wasa furnace too so we quickley switched on the aircon.

Myself and Mick then laterwent down to the local Laundry before meeting the others to
boat going past more krast
boat going past more krast
go and and have a small Chinese lesson (Mandarin). This was good fun and we had a bit of a crash coursein the whole 'tone' thing. Ie "Ma" using different tones can mean anything from Mother to Horse.

After the lesson I wentand found an Internet cafe before returning to the hotel to get showered and ready to meet the others for Dinner.

We hadanother excellent Banquet dinner where we got to try lots of local dishes,of which some were great (orange duck, stuffed green peppers) and one wasnt so great (spicey veg and tofu).

We had some beers and I played pool for a bit with some of the others and then with some of the western locals (some yanks who were teaching english in the area.)

Then headed back at a reasonable hour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1mb