Thanksgiving


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Nanning
November 18th 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a wonderful potluck dinner on Saturday, Nov.17 at the home of our American friends, to celebrate Thanksgiving. There were Americans, Australians, Chinese and Canadians there; young and old, students and teachers. Turkeys are very hard to come by in Nanning but we hardly missed one because of the variety of food that was offered. We had chicken, fish, rice, vegetable soup, mashed potatoes, stuffing and many more things. One woman bought a huge cake which was decorated with 2 turkeys on the top, so we did have 'turkey' of some sort. Just wanted to let you all know that, although it was late, we did have a Thanksgiving meal, and I thought of all of my 'old' friends, and family, while I was celebrating with my new friends.

After supper we went off to a Variety Night put on by the freshmen of the Foreign Language College. Even though it was mostly in Chinese, there were one of two skits in English. The students sang, danced and seemed to have a great time putting on a show.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Karen, our host.Karen, our host.
Karen, our host.

This is the 'turkey' cake.
Alan -close to the food.  :)Alan -close to the food.  :)
Alan -close to the food. :)

This is one of the 'luxury' apartments at Guagnxi University.
Our friend Wu Qiong and me.Our friend Wu Qiong and me.
Our friend Wu Qiong and me.

Wu makes and sells fantastic bread and pizzas.


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb