Mid-Autumn Festival


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Nanning
October 6th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mid-autumn festival was on September 25 this year. It is evening of the first full moon of the 8th lunar month I think. We went to Nanhu Park in Nanning to see the sights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

WelcomeWelcome
Welcome

This was the welcome sign for the Park.
Fish sculptureFish sculpture
Fish sculpture

This was one of many sculptures constructed in the lake at the park for the Mid-Autumn festival.
Our Chinese "Son"Our Chinese "Son"
Our Chinese "Son"

Jason is a third year student here who volunteered to help us settle in. He met us at the airport, took us to our apartment and showed us around the university. Later he came over and took us to the dining hall and helped us order, then showed us where we could buy groceries. When we ran out of cash, he took us to the bank and organized a Chinese account for us. Mid-Autumn Festival is a time for families to celebrate together and he came to us and said that he was away from his family for this holiday so he would like to take us to the park and we could be his family for the evening -hence our 'son'.
Sculpture representing the China-ASEAN ExpoSculpture representing the China-ASEAN Expo
Sculpture representing the China-ASEAN Expo

The Expo is held annually in Nanning to showcase the Asian free-trade area. It will be here at the end of October.
Dragon BoatsDragon Boats
Dragon Boats

There were three of these and on each were life-sized manniquins dressed in real silk.


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb