Longji Photographic Phrenzy


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Longji Rice Terraces
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

This week, Felix and I ventured further north into the mountainous regions north of Guilin. I was in the region two years ago and loved it so much that I had to return, with the added bonus of being able to act as a tour guide for three youngsters and get a three day power trip.

First stop was Longji, home of the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces (Longji means dragon's backbone if you really wanted to know). The terraces are hewn into the mountainside high above the river which has carved the area into a massive gorge. The villages are feats of engineering, the words path and stream become inexplicably inseperable, and even when it's cold and rainy it is the most beautiful place in the world. Look at the photos, I'm told they are precisely 1000 times more efficient than anything I write here. A warning though, you will be sick of rice terraces after having looked at all the photos, and in my next journal: more rice terraces!

Also, Felix lost his credit card, tried to cancel it over the internet, eventually cancelled it by phone, and then found it in his shoe. Why was it in his shoe? We will never know.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



8th July 2007

Felix the house cat.
Hey man nice photo's. I was just wondering if you call Felix "Felix the house Cat"?
9th July 2007

Yes, I Do
But not to his face.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb