Training in another county


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Qingyang » Xifeng
May 16th 2009
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The past couple of weeks have been a bit busy and so I will summarise the last fortnight instead.
The running and the Chinese lessons are going well. With the Chinese, some progress is being made but there is still a long way to go. At times it is a bit frustrating having to rely on people to say and do things for you but at the same time we are very grateful to everybody who does help us with our general day to day tasks.
Our main event this fortnight was our training at Baima, a rural school near where we live. We trained 80 middle school and 80 primary school teachers in two, two day courses. The training was fun if not tiring and as ever punctuated by lots of eating and drinking. The “hotel” where we were staying, was being refurbished and had no running water. To say the beds were hard would be an underestimation! We all miss our creature comforts from time to time, don’t we??? The training was held over a weekend and when we came back on Tuesday night, I was straight back into work on the Wednesday. No rest for the wicked. The weekend finally came as did my time to rest. Aaaahhhhhh.
Sabine


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb