Residence of General Joseph Warren Stilwell


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
September 13th 2009
Published: September 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Stilwell Museum must be a excellent place for foreign visitors in Chongqing , especially for Americans. In order to commemorate the outstanding contritution by Gen.Stilwell in the joint resistance against the Japanese invasion, promote the mutual understanding and friendship between US and China, the Chongqing Municipal Government set up the "Stilwell Research Center"in Chongqing in Oct,1991 and the former stilwell residence has been arranged as the "Chongqing Stilwell Museum".
The museum isnt very large bur delicate, there are exhibition of beding room ,dining room and council chamber for Stilwell. "Hump Flight""Flying Tiger" "Stilwell Road"--Those nouns can remind you what happened in those years. Stillwell's contribution to China and the peace of the world will be remembered by Chinese forever. Also the museum is located at a beautiful mountain and you can take a glimpse of the Jialing River and part of the Chongqing city.

Route recommended: taking the light rail at the downtown and geting off at FuTuGuang Satation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Inscription wrote by Roosevelt for ChongqingInscription wrote by Roosevelt for Chongqing
Inscription wrote by Roosevelt for Chongqing

It was said"In the name of the people of the United States of America.I present this scroll to the City of Chungking as a symbol of our admiration for its brave men, women and children. Under blasts of terror from the air, even in the days before the world at large had known this horror .Chungking and its people held out firm and unconquered. They proved gloriously that terrorism cannot destroy the spirit of a people determined to be free. Their fidelity to the cause of freedom will inspire the hearts of all future generations. ".


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb