Take me to the magic of the moment. On a glory night...Wings of Change...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Dongcheng
May 25th 2012
Published: May 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<span><span>Int. Train to Pingyao- sleepers car –Day




<span>Florencia is pushing her big unpractical bag thru a tiny corridor. She is trying to find her cabin, train seven, bed 8 she repeats, as is written in her ticket.





<span>She realizes that there are 3 levels of beds (one on top of the other) and she has the last one near the roof of the train. There are not doors or compartments are just a big communal place full of 3 floor beds in sections of 6 beds together She laughs.





<span>She passes thru a crowed hall full of local Chinese people and makes effort to not push anybody in the blocked aisle.





<span>Finally she gets to her place.





<span>Three middle age woman are sitting on the bottom beds , using as a bench, they are chatting as they were in a hairdresser. And old man that knows them, from the same crew, is sitting next to the window preparing his Costco size instant noodle soup. He is adding not only hot water from the huge thermos but also cucumber and hard eggs that brought from home and he is carrying on plastics bags.





<span>Florencia arrives with he bad that does not seem to fit anywhere. Finally, the youngest woman, that one that wears a glowing orange plastic open high hills with dark brown sockets that mark her legs just up the ankles, helps her to hide the bag under the right bottom bed.





<span>Florencia



<span>How fast can due the effect of a great foot massage, right?





<span>Nobody seems to get her, the woman giggles, the old man continue with peeling the eggs. Suddenly the last person arrives. She invades the space with a very bad mood. She has full of packages, and leans on her left bottom bed moving and pushing the middle age woman with twisted teeth. The harmony of the hair dresser saloon disappears.





<span>A worker with a tray pass offering unnamed food.<span> Florencia takes her water and her Japanese peanuts, the only thing she has. She offers to the crowd. Nobody seems to be interested.





<span>The trains starts to moved.



<span>Florencia laugh loudly, the locals laugh at her laugh and star to speak Chinese again re building the hairdresser lightly conversations.







<span> Int. Train To Pingyao-Sleepers Car-Day- Cont.





<span>Florencia wakes up.<span> She moves her head and immediately hits it on the roof. That’s makes her come back to her pillow. Then she feels the train stopped.





<span>Florencia is worried she has lost her station. She searches for the hour on the phone, is 6 am, she still has 1 hour and a half to go. <span> Her back is painful. The hard beds are hard, not as sleeping on a yoga mat, but more or less.





<span>She goes down putting her big feet on the tiny minuscule steps until her feet touch the floor.







<span>A kid with not hair only a small circle on the front head is running and making noise until her mom stops him and puts his penis on a bottle of juice and makes him pee there.

<span><span>




Int. Train To PinGyao- Bathroom car-Day





<span>The line to the toilet is long, because when the train is stopped in a station the bathroom gets closed by the guard. Florencia is waiting and waiting to pee. She wishes she could do it in a plastic bottle like the little kid. She looks her crazy untidy hair in the mirror of the bathroom of an open area that has only a table with sinks. Is crowed with woman putting cream in her faces and making tipping massage on their skin. Who can imagine that women puts cream at 6.40 am in the train!





Int. Train to PingYaO-Sleepers car-DAY





<span>At some point of the night the three women made peace with the bad mood last arrival. Now all of them are chatting vividly. Moreover, suddenly the moody woman exchange cards with the other ones.





<span>The old guy is starting to prepare his new soup, this time his breakfast instant soup at 6.30. Same extra ingredients, the only different is that the box is from another color this time purple.





Int. Train to PingYaO-Sleepers car-DAY- cont.





<span>Florencia takes her bag under the lower bed and greed her roomies (trainies?) they have not share a world in 12 hours but there pretty sad to see her goes. They wave and wish their luck in Chinese (maybe)





<span>Florencia is walking thru the tiny corridor again. Surprisingly there are not paper, bottles or anything on the floor, everything is pretty-pretty clean.







Ext. Pingyao Train Station- DAY

<span><span>




A guy with the most beutiful caligraphic letters wrote a sing with the name florencia on it.



A crowd of 3 is taking a motor van with a small roof.



Florencia, Jean and Florian. Jean is a puppetier, a festival puppet organzer that comes to China to select puppet performer for a festival in Touluse France…Florian is his son.



----



Interesting people attracks China…but this is another story….

Advertisement



25th May 2012

Hello Flo, I enjoy reading your daily stories, it's fun. This one was interesting too but I prefer when you say "I" (instead of "Florencia"). It makes it more personal when you say "I", more you. And it keeps you closer to the readers. :) Wishing you good continuation in your adventures, and keep the writing going. Would love to hear also about the different people you meet, like Jean and his son that you mentioned today. Big hug, Carole
25th May 2012

thanks for the answer...
well maybe you right, this was like a script, that was the idea...but i continue using I:)

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb