Hazy, Cloudy, a Little Scratchy


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Chaoyang district » Chaoyang Park
June 16th 2018
Published: June 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This is the second day of hazy and heavy particulate weather. I think you get my meaning. For the previous two weeks the weather has been pretty excellent if not for some days being to warm. For the first week of June Charles Ramble lectured everyday at the Minzu University. I was unfortuneatly only able to attend three of the lectures which were excellent.

It is auction season in Beijing with lots of the companies offering large previews of their wares. There are many potential and hopeful buyers attending from all over China and elsewhere. For Himalayan art the best site in Beijing is the Capital Museum with a special Tibetan exhibition that lasts until late July. They also have a great permanent collection of sculpture always on view. It is a must see for all those that are interested in the subject. The second best Tibetan exhibition is only momentary and it is the preview of the Beijing Seek Auction House. They are only previewing for three days at the Westin Hotel in the Chaoyang District. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is also well worth seeing with some wonderful examples of early, mid and late sculpture and paintings. To be fair, Poly Auction also has a few fine sculpture but limited compared to Beijing Seek. I have not yet viewed the other auctions in person which still have previews of the art. It is always nice to touch the good sculpture and view first hand the paintings. More to follow...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb