First day in Beijing


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have just arrived at our hotel located in Beijing, Chaoyang district. It is a very long day. We woke up early and left Brossard at 5:00 AM. We arrived in Chicago at 8:30 AM local time and took off to Beijing at 13:00. Flying time is about 12:30 going via great circle i.e. GreenBay, Thunder Bay, Hudson Bay, around North Pole, Siberia, Mongolian Plateau, Inner Mongolia and finally Beijing.

The plane arrived 45 minutes in advance but the time to clear health check, immigration is about 90 minutes. In fact, when the plane arrived, everybody must stay inside the cabin waiting for 2 Chinese health officers to measure the temperature of each person since they are afraid of H1N1 virus.

When we get out there is a girl and a guy waiting for us since I did ask hotel for airport pick-up. We are 6 persons solid pack in a small Toyota car. Anyway, we made it to the serviced apartment hotel which is quite nice.

Tuyen was surprise how Beijing is developed and also shock about the people indiscipline with people pushing in the queue. Anyway, it is her first time in Asia after 34 years in North America. I tell her that she will expose to the same kind of environments in other countries that we will visit like Thailand, Vietnam.

They took a nap now since they are too tired. Tomorrow, we will explore more Beijing and I will tell you more.

Advertisement



24th June 2009

Nous sommes contents d'avoir vos nouvelles surtout en détail comme ca.On voyage avec vous.Profitez en bien et soyez prudents.
24th June 2009

very glad you come safely . For Tuyen, it is quite an excitement, since it is her first trip to Asia while for Nam and Mai, they are accustomed, since it is their second trip. Today, it is holiday all way with clear sky and hot temperature. So, relax you well !
24th June 2009

WoH!
Hello Tuyen, Long, Nam and Mai The pictures are beautiful. I am glad that your long flight was uneventful and you, all , passed the H1N1 test . Hopefully, today is one of the many many wonderful days ahead for your family of 4. Truc P.S. the text is great too
24th June 2009

Hi from Canada
Hello Long, Tuyen, Mai, Nam, Glad to have received news from your family. Looks like everyone is doing quite well after a long flight. I think China is doing a right thing by checking carefully everyone for swine flu symptoms. They cannot afford a wide spread problem in a country of billion people. We are celebrating St-Jean back home. The weather is gorgeous for the event. Have a good journey in China and a safe trip to Viet Nam. Take good care of yourselves.

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb