French fries for breakfast


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South
January 9th 2016
Published: January 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post


French fries for breakfast

This morning started off with an amazing breakfast at our hotel which included pancakes and French fries!haha of course I ate them but felt slightly guilty after(seemly it's an American breakfast)
We then walked through the streets of phenom penh (basically involved walking on the roads amongst all the motorbikes and range rovers) and went to s21 which is an old high school that the Khmer turned into a torture chamber!
Horrible as can still see the blood stains on the floors even after 40 years! When we left s21 we found a cafe which served ice coffee and sandwiches and had air-conditioning so we had a bit of relief from the 40c heat outside! Then we walked to the grand palace where I had to buy ridiculous 3$ trousers in order to be allowed in (shorts didn't cover my knees)-they would fit a 20stone man! The grand palace was pretty cool and picturesque but the heat was killing us!thankfully it wasn't a long walk back to the hotel and we popped into a bar along the seafront for happy hour for a Cambodia beer!
Dinner was at a cinema house called empire-food was just ok!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb