And Then We Go North


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
December 13th 2012
Published: January 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Another bus ride awaited us today, but this time Erica and I would be continuing on on our own because Liz and Dress had to return back to Thailand.<span><span> We were the sole survivors to continue on to the Wild Wild East of Cambodia.<span> After a run and hearty breakfast we boarded our bus hoping that we would make it to Phnom Penh and instantly be able to hop on another bus to Rattanakiri.<span> This was not the case, after an uneventful bus ride we made it to the bus station where the bus wasn’t leaving until the following morning.<span> Wanting to explore other options a tuk tuk driver took us to another place that wasn’t even offering buses to our area and then to another random spot that may or may not have had a bus and a final destination were we could have paid for a shared taxi.<span> Eventually he brought us to the original bus station.<span> Frustrated we paid for our ticket and went out in search of a guesthouse.<span> After a bit of wandering we landed on International Guesthousewhich would have to do for the evening if though we had to drop $10 for it to be close to the bus station.



If we were going to have to be stuck in Phnom Penh again we were going to make the best of it, so we got ourselves dolled up and headed out to our favorite place ever, Friend’s Restaurant.<span> Could we really deny ourselves from another delightful meal?<span> No we weren’t, so we walked on over and stayed for nearly 4 hours ordering EVERYTHING.



First we went with the cucumber and yogurt salad, zucchini spring rolls and a pumpkin soup with couscous salad dish.<span> It was all magical.<span> With it I ordered passionfruit and banana daiquiri which was tasty but not nearly as tasty as my pineapple and chili margarita from last time.<span> When round one was done we went with a beet, walnut, and goat cheese salad that was off the chain delicious.<span> All my favorite ingredients in one salad.<span> Not done yet we started on dessert, where we ordered a ginger coated fruit crumbler that was to die for and STILL not done we finished it off with a chocolate cheesecake which was more like a gigantic brownie but was delicious all the same.<span> Yum, my mouth waters at the thought of it.<span> All that food came to $40, the most we had ever spent on a meal for just two people but absolutely worth every last penny!

With our bus leaving in the am, we concocted a plan to stay out all night so that we would get on the bus and just crash.<span> After our fantastic meal it was time to keep the night going.<span> We began wandering around, finding white people and following them.<span> The white people turned out to be a bust, but we did find the Palace which was lite up really beautifully.<span> What was more important than the Palace was the tarantula I found.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb