Heading North From The Rain...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
August 10th 2010
Published: August 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

HELLO! for a change chloe and dad are going to entertain you rather than mum (im very sorry i dont do all of the grammer and capital letters.)

We are sitting in a huge hotel lobby with fast internet for a change in phnom penh which is the capital city of cambodia.

Yesterday we left kampot for kep at midday. it was still raining when we arrived in kep. A very nice tuktuk driver took us round the town, looking for places to stay, and we ended up back where we started in a posh hotel by the sea (star inn.)

With continued rain we decided to leave for PP next day. kep seemed a lonely and poor sort of place in the rain and we didnt need to stay there any longer. there was a scruffy line of crab restaurants which looked too bad to eat at. on the plus side we saw a group of wild monkeys on the way back to the hotel.

Just as a note... the dogs here in cambodia are all over the place, hungry and bad tempered, very smelly and often scary! Ruby has had just about enough of them.

After the scrum of arriving in PP we have settled in and eaten our first pizzas in 3 weeks. the street kids kept coming into the restaurant with fake lonely planet guides to sell which was upsetting.

Off to see the killing fields and the museum tomorrow with a new tuktuk driver named Sam who took us to our hotel today.

Love to everybody back home... xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb