Phnom Penh - Orphanage visit


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
May 26th 2010
Published: June 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning our party of 5 went to the Lighthouse orphanage (Cambodian Pitiful Children’s Organisation) where we made a donation to the children of some money and books and spent about 3 hours talking to and playing with the children. When we arrived they all made a fuss which we talked about. We thought they would have been told to do this by the staff in an effort to get more money etc and its probably true but at the same time they were kids and you could clearly see they were interested. I spent half an hour playing volleyball with two 8 year olds who loved it, I played patacake with a 5 year old girl who sat watching others playing but never got in on the fun. After having another fantastic Khmer curry for lunch I walked around with Ali when we decided to get a massage which cost a colossal $7 for an hour. In the evening we met everyone else and went for dinner, I had yet another curry, when we’d finished we went to the bar we spent the previous evening in a bar where we ordered a pizza. Turned out it was a happy pizza parlour so everyone was baked.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb