Cambodia intro


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
February 18th 2010
Published: February 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We meant to put this intro at the begining of our Cambodia section, but forgot to bring the info to the internet cafe, so here it is now better late than never;

Cambodia is approximately 1.5 times the size of Engalnd, with a population of only 14 million, (Vietnam was I think slightly larger than the Uk with a population of 86 million). It feels much more spacious here, and some how more rellaxed there is less beeping of their horns and less traffic noise, more cars aswell presumably because there is more space to drive them. At times the country compared to Vietnam seems really backward and then you come accross a brand new service station like at home, which we didnt really see in Vn. Cambodia is one of the poorest countries in the world , 1 20th is covered by Tomlesap Asia's largest fresh water lake. Tonight we are in Phnom Penh Cambodias capital, it has a lot of French colonial buildings and first impressions are that it is very nice for a large city, with a relaxed feel, although very hot.
While we were out on our travels around Kep on the Moto, we pulled up to get fuel and an old lady came up to us at first I though that she was a begger, but she just looked us up and down and laughed, and kept laughing, this happens quite a bit (I think its something to do with Julie).
I am trying to get on a Cambodian cooking class tomorrow but I wont know till the morn if there is room, the food is quite similar to Vietnamese, they tend to serve it with a fork and a spoon rather than the chopsticks you all ways got in Vn.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb