What a hoot...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
February 4th 2010
Published: February 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The next day was another travel day. We got on a small minibus which drove us around the corner to a bus which drove us to the bus station where we got on a coach to take us to Phnom Penh. If that wasn’t fun enough the coach driver had a selection of loud Cambodian comedy videos which ran for about half an hour each, followed by jarring music until one of a number of stops at roadside services. The locals found the videos quite amusing, but they were, of course, totally unintelligible to me and made it difficult to get to sleep, especially when combined with the continuous beeping of the horn. I think the driver liked to honk at everything on the road, and there were lots of things on the road between Siam Rep and Phnom Penh that day.

We eventually arrived mid-afternoon and hiked around to find a guest house. Sammy had read that the places by the river side were dirty and had rats, although I think she’d got mixed up with another area altogether. In any case we ended up some distance from the river side attractions (i.e. the restaurants , museums and palace) and had to hike over there to get dinner. After dinner we retuned to our lodgings to watch a video on Sammy’s netbook before pysching ourselves up for the morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb