The Race is On


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
January 20th 2008
Published: January 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

For starters, these are all some pics from Luang Prabang that never made it to the blog, because we lost track of them. Thankfully, we found them again, because there are some great shots here. On a similar note, for those of you who have already read the blog about the wild elephant tower at Ban Na, you might want to peek at that blog again, because we have added a dozen or so more pictures to that. The computers we were using recently were making it difficult to put pictures up, but now we’ve got a better situation going. Moving on…

A lot of the research that Julie and I perform as we continually plan and adjust our itinerary involves reading other travelers’ blogs for personal accounts of different activities, sights, and organizations. We’ve found out about a lot of cool stuff that way and even had other travelers contact us already asking about some of the things we’ve done.

Yesterday Julie stumbled across one dude’s blog about our guesthouse in Phnom Penh - “Number 9 Guesthouse.” She was hoping to learn if anyone else had made some of the same observations about the guesthouse that we had made… namely that, while the men are all suspiciously white and openly high, the women are all suspiciously friendly and openly Cambodian. Not the point. This guy had pages - PAGES - of comments on that blog. He’s not really that great a writer. He wasn’t even funny!

Which brings me to the rub… WHERE ARE MY COMMENTS? I want some comments, dammit. That guy’s blog has been going around talking about how it’s all hot shit, and our blog is frankly a little embarrassed.

In order to facilitate a higher confidence level for the JulieandAlex blog, we’re putting together (in true Jerry Lewis fashion) a benefit. Here’s how it’s gonna go down. You’re going to comment on the very next blog I post. Not this one, because this is just the announcement… my very next blog. The title will contain the phrase “It’s Official…” as a hint. That way we can avoid confusion. Two complete sentences constitute a comment, and they have to specifically reference some aspect of the blog, so don’t just say “1st!” and expect to win. In the spirit of rejecting grammatical tyranny, however, sentences need not be constricted to subject-predicate form.

The first five people to comment on the “It’s Official…” blog will receive a sweet prize. Yes, it’s real. Yes, it’s tangible. I said sweet already, right? It’s also a surprise.

On your marks…

Oh, and don't forget to talk smack on this blog about who's going to win the contest on the next blog.

Get set...


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



24th January 2008

I try!
I always try to comment, but they're never there when I'm done!!!! If this one shows up, I'll both be shocked AND I'll look like a liar. Let's see what happens...
24th January 2008

The comments don't post
until we can accept them .Unfortunately. So this means the comments aren't shown until I check this. Sorry, just the one annoying feature of an otherwise pretty cool free blog site. Love you ,T!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb