beoung kok to heavenly spring


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
July 14th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a dubious night entry into Phnom Penh where we dropped off at a red light district and were hounded by alot of detestable locals who tried to induce us to stay at their guesthouse. We declined and move on but were too tired to settle for anything so slept the night out at the area at a super wulu guesthouse. The first impression of cambo wasn't good at all. Checked out immediately the next morning and surprise surprise, walked all the way down(a few kilometres with our heavy and fat bagpacks with repeated attempts to fend off those irritating tuk-tuk drivers) to Spring gh, my fav guesthouse out of all. i hardly want to come out of it. Phnom Penh is indeed a bustling city, not in favour of the kids there though.We went the usual place that travellers go- national musuem, royal palace, silver pagoda, central market, russian market, killing fields, tuol seng muesuem and the night market with lots of delicious food. the bf loves the bbq food along the streets. the uncle even recognised us because we went there twice in a row. The tuol Sleng genocide museum is the most disturbing tourist site of all because of the henious history behind it. Those torturing tools, pictures of death and constrained lock-ups really left a deep impression in us. it really shows how lucky we were. Shopping was really good and Phnom Penh is a good place to explore by foot. we regretted not buying more stuffs from the russian market as it was really cheap. Our One and Only Regret, is forgo-ing siem reap, tight schedule and have to backtrack to go into vietnam, so i guess it cant be helped. ROAR. but we will go again soon, this year or the next.

"at the end of the day, we're all the same"-- (kw-looking at all the skulls at the killing fields)
i think that's the most sensible thing he's said in this trip....

P.S. cambodia is really not bad at all


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb