Another day in Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
May 20th 2007
Published: May 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone - Sharon here 😊

Rob and I arrived safely yesterday after a smooth flight from Sydney. No journal entry yesterday reflects the speed in which we showered and set off with Kathy, Kevin and Tina on the tuk tuk around the city. Neadless to say we slept well and are ready for another day in Phnom Penh!

We enjoyed a stop at Central market - which is much like Mexico in a way = sunglasses, watches, fabric, t-shirts, bags, you name it for less than $5USD in most cases. Where is Betty Ann when I need her? I have determined that I'm no good at haggling and simply don't like it 😊

By the time our feet hit the pavement, our lovely tuk tulk driver had spotted us and pulled right up. If only we had this service in Sydney... We drove down to the river for lunch and a beer. It wasn't until the waitress walked up with 4 x 25 oz beers that we knew we were in for a long lunch. Kathy had a few admirers during lunch, typically cheeky little boys interested in her sunglasses....photo to be posted in next entry.

We spent the afternoon at the Royal Palace, which was brillant and quickly found ourselves fading and on our way back to the hotel for a quick nap. Sturring ourselves an hour later, we were on our way to a local theatre production with shadow puppets, acrobatics, and dance.

We're just about to set out for the day - it's very humid here, so showers are a treat throughout the day. We meet as a build team tonight and will all do the cultural tour tomorrow, prior to heading the the build site on Tuesday.

Love and hugs to everyone - Sharon 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb