Phnom Penh Part 3


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
January 19th 2007
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mmm Lunch Anyone?Mmm Lunch Anyone?Mmm Lunch Anyone?

Yes unfortunately when the bus stopped for a break, this was the only food on offer.
Up at 5am to catch the bus to Phnom Penh. After catching motos into town we found we were standing in front of the same sad little bus we had arrived on. We made sure to get different seats, which ended up making little difference. The journey was as bad as the first time to Kratie and then our driver decided not to take the newly paved road to Phnom Penh which has a toll. Instead we took a variety of cross country dirt tracks all the way down to the capital.

It took 12 hours in total and we were never so glad to get off a bus in our lives. Once there we caught a tuk tuk to the lake and this time stayed at a different guesthouse (Just for a change). The room was grand and we went to bed early exhausted.

The next day was spent organising a rushed Vietnamese visa, a bus to Saigon and we also managed to squeeze in Liverpools destruction of Chelsea 2-0 (Which was nice).

Next Stop Ho Chi Minh City...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Street On Which Our Guesthouse LayThe Street On Which Our Guesthouse Lay
The Street On Which Our Guesthouse Lay

Obviously we have no idea what it was called.


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb