Day 1 in Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
January 27th 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A room with a view!A room with a view!A room with a view!

The sunsetting across the lake next to our guest house (well the room is actually built on the lake!)
As you may have guessed from the last bvlog an all night drinking session wasnt the best plan for a 7am flight so didnt feel too fresh on arrival and when we got a taxi from the airport with an Austrian guy who told us he knew the best places to stay I was a bit worried when we were in the middle of a madcap dusty city city with no idea where to go and no room at the inns! However we landed on our feet as we consulted my guidebook and heading to the north of the city a little away from the bustle of the centre and next to the Boeng Kak Lake.

We found a hostel which gave us a basic room for the three of us, only 2 beds but pushed them together to make enough room, and at only $8 a night you cant complain and just look at the picture of our view of the sunset across the lake from our room! After a bit of kip i feel fresh as a daisy and ready to explore more. Cambodia is again a friendly place but much more obivously less touristy and much ore like te other side of the worl, all more alley way bars and cafes and very obvious poverty. I really feel away from home now and the travelling has begun, bring on the next 6 months!

Now we are off to get some food in one of the nice looking local cafes and enjoy some 0.75 cent double voka redbulls (High five! (for the 5th av crew)) not that this trip is developing into a large drinking session. We are heading sight seeing to areas affected by the massacres in the 1970s and promises to be a very movng trip.

Advertisement



27th January 2007

legend, enjoy it pal, good to hear of a session within hours of arrival
28th January 2007

Hey brother, glad to hear u are enjoying the travels I shall keep updated with ur drinking adventures! Oh, and I could I possibly have some of your DVDs now u are far far away??? Love you lots
30th January 2007

No I might need them while im away (you steal them anyway!)

Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb