Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
January 14th 2015
Published: March 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Entering Cambodia wasn't without trying to scam us! Stopping us two kilometres before the border to change of bus, they tried to sell us a visa that was more expensive. As well informed and subborn as we are, we wanted to go to the border to buy a visa! The guys told us that we could do that, but if we were late the bus would leave without us. A bit in panic as sleeping at the border was not an option, it turned out they were politely waiting for us on the other side late or not late. Many persons have been ripped off by these guys, but a lesson learned be perseverant and good informed.
After the longue and tiring ride, we finally arrived in Siem Reap where the mother of Hélène, Roze-Marie, was waiting for us. Siem Reap is worldwide famous for the temples of Angkor and for Roze-Marie and Hélène an important destination as Angkor Wat was the most beautiful thing their father/grandfather saw in his entire life. We must admit that we have been blowen away by the beauty of these temples possed by nature and a spiritual energy. Words cannot describe the beauty, so we will let the photos talk for us.
Beside the temples of Angkor that we visited for three days, we enjoyed a lot this charming city and the luxury of taking a swim after a long day of walking under the hot sun. At our hotel, we met a couple from Toulouse with who we had a cocktail night at the YOLO bar. We danced that night in the middle of the street as the pubstreet was tranformed in one big music contest place between the different bars. That night as a late snack, we tried out some barbecued snake. Our last day in Siem Reap, we treated ourselve on a cheap massage and pedicure in pink chairs while watching a ladyboy show!


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb