The Weather Gods Have A Laugh


Advertisement
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 17th 2014
Published: September 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

While gratified to have been proven correct about my assumption that the monsoon rains come predominantly in the afternoon, and then ferociously for a couple of hours or so, I was less happy to be proven correct the moment I stepped foot outside the car. I was keen to see more temples and make the most of my 3-day pass. I had decided on a temple a little further away, then coming back via one of ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




18th September 2014

Cambodia looks really beautiful. Enjoying the blogs. One of thoses crumbling temples would look great as a folly in the garden. Packing progressing steadily if not slowly.
18th September 2014

Cambodia
Yes, it is beautiful, I think you would like it here. Hot and steamy too! Maybe you can put Dad to work making a temple down the back of the garden, it would look good!
18th September 2014

Wet season
Yeh I'm convinced. Wet season for you...dry for me. What a difference between September when you went and January when we did. Comparing your Kamphong Phluk and flooded forest pics to mine show Tongle Sap was 3 to 5 metres higher for you than me. Gotta say I think you went at the right time to see those. Timing to see the temples? Guess that's a gamble you had to take. Were mosquitoes a factor at this time of year?
18th September 2014

Wet season
I would recommend Cambodia in the wet season, much fewer tourists. I just had a spot of bad luck with the temples. I had 5 days / 4 nights in Siem Reap and the only sunset / sunrise it rained was the ones I attempted. The rest of the time it was perfect. No mind, you have to take your chances!
18th September 2014
Fish amok, delicious!

OMG!!
Now that looks seriously good. Sineful
18th September 2014
Fish amok, delicious!

Fish Amok
Totally delicious. Gently spiced fish curry in coconut milk - YUM!
19th September 2014
Banteay Srei

Shiny with rain...
...as opposed to hazy with dust in the dry season. Banteay Srei was a favourite for me, and your photos make me wish that I could see it again - this green and shiny. Hope the weather gods are kind for the rest of your trip.
19th September 2014
Banteay Srei

Banteay Srei
I think this one was my favourite too, I loved the red sandstone and beautiful carvings. And with my pollyanna hat on, the rain did make the colours look spectacular!
19th September 2014
Siem Reap river

Wet and wonderful
This photo looks like a place where I could sit and while away hours, and I'm with you--I'll take rain to lots of tourists anytime! Besides, your photo of wet Banteay Srei is very evocative. Plus, the rain helped get you to that very worthwhile Landmine Museum--what a hero that guy is! And while you are probably right about the notebooks at the school, it was a sweet story.
20th September 2014
Siem Reap river

Wet and wonderful
The nice thing about the seats by the river is that people did while away the time there and many were taken up by Cambodians resting in the heat of the day. Visiting the Landmine Museum was an unexpected treat, I didn't think I would enjoy it so much. He is certainly a remarkable fellow.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb