Siem Reap - Kool Hotel


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
February 20th 2010
Published: February 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Feeling no better this morning we decided it was time to seek some medical treatment! The staff member at the front desk must have thought we looked pretty sick because he arranged a tuk tuk to drive us the 250 metres to the medical centre/pharmacy!! If we had known it was that close we probably would have attempted to walk it!!?? The pharmacy would not dispense drugs without us seeing a Doctor which is probably a good thing rather than handing over pharmaceuticals like they are lollies?!

So the (Singapore trained) Doctor and his nurse examined us (BP (normal), temperature (normal), palpated our abdomens (gassy) and listened to our hearts and chest) and quizzed us about the duration and severity of our symptoms. He then prescribed an antibiotic, something to stop the diarrhoea, something to relieve cramping if that was a problem and packets and packets of electrolyte drink. He also gave us specimen jars in which to collect some samples for testing!!!

Armed with little ‘show bags’ of drugs the tuk tuk driver drove us the 250 metres back to the Kool Hotel where we retreated to our room to commence our drug therapy!!

And so we spent another day lazing by the pool and lazing in our room reading and watching TV - in between trips to the toilet that were slightly less frequent and slightly less urgent?!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



22nd February 2010

you guys have all the fun

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb