On to Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
February 18th 2010
Published: February 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Oh dear, our plans for today did not get off to a good start!! It was our intention to rise early to go down to the river front for some early morning photos of the Grant Palace and life on the river. Unfortunately though, our stomachs were in a state of flux!!!

So, we skipped breakfast!! At 9.30am we met our driver, Mr Ra, for the trip back to the airport. It was all very vague at the airport with flights only being added to the departures screen progressively. For a long time we were a bit concerned that we may have had the wrong day or that our flight may have been cancelled?! Just an hour before flight time, check-in finally opened.

Despite having a Vietnam Airlines flight number, which we thought meant that we would be on a Vietnam Airlines airplane it turned out to be a Cambodian Airlines flight!!! And a good job they did too - even if it was a tiny, little plane with propellers!!! It is a long time since we flew in a plane with propellers and not jet engines! Even more miraculously, we didn’t need a toilet during our 40 minute flight.

We had a bit of a problem when we arrived at Siem Reap Airport. We didn’t know that the hotel would be sending a driver so Kerry had arranged for her driver from last week to meet us. We managed to negotiate our way out of the problem by taking Mr Sok’s number so that we could make arrangements with him to take us to the temples. To be honest, feeling the way that we were, it was relief to take the trip in the air conditioned car rather than by tuk tuk!!

On our arrival at the Kool Hotel they wanted to sell us every tour imaginable and tell us about them all in great detail. All we wanted to do was collapse in our room with our state of health rapidly deteriorating!!! We finally made it to our room where we played toilet tag team for the rest of the afternoon, into the evening and through the night. GROAN!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb