6th Week


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
March 3rd 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post


just finished another house near the tonle sap lake in a small isolated village. We were outside all day in 41 degrees centigrade trying to escape the heat as much as possible by taking 15 min breaks every half hour although there was little shade and no trees for miles around but only rice paddies and buffalo wallows. We slowed to a snails pace by tuesday and weaving the palm walls took 6 times as long as it did the week before. By the 3rd day 5 of us (including me) were ill in bed with the flu and heat exhaustion but back on form by Thursday when we finished the house and a storm cleared and cooled the air. Others fell sick shortly after with local ailments caught from the local children. Today has been a free day pretty much helping the monks at the Wat with some more building and painting and arranging travel to Saigon for next weekend.

Nothing much to report for this week - its been hard work and i have the blisters on my hands to prove it. Will be going out tomorrow night for our final weekend in Cambodia celebration in 'the happening' Siem Reap town. Will give a final report update from Cambodia next weekend before we head down the Mekong towards Saigon, Vietnam where the really hard trekking and cycling begins.

Advertisement



3rd March 2006

Great to hear from you Sim! Keep up the good work. Love from us all
8th March 2006

Missing you
Hi simmy, Sounds like you are having the world of a time, a little different from the london life. We are all missing you so much, especially me. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. All My Love Ryan
15th March 2006

Hi from Hay
Sounds like your doing a really good job - keep up the good work Don't know whether I could do it Hav fun on the trek Take care and hope your still enjoying yourself hay xx

Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb