Angkor Wat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
July 4th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we toured the temples of Angkor Wat. It is so much more impressive in person that any picture that I have ever seen. The details of the temples are simply amazing. There is just so much detail on the architecture and it the carvings are just beautiful. It was raining off and on, but when it wasn't raining it was really very hot. We hired a tour guide for the day which cost us $20 and we tipped him $5. He showed us around and told us the stories of the carvings on the walls. It was well worth it. If there was one place that we wished we had more time was here. We could wonder the ruins forever. It's just so cool and Jeff enjoyed the "Indiana Jones" feel of it.

We started off with the biggest temple of all... the infamous Angkor Wat. We didn't have a chance to do so, but I heard the sunrise over Angkor is just stunning. We also drove to visit an old temple ruin called Banteay Srey. This temple was said to be built by women for a woman. My favorite temple of all (besides Angkor Wat) was Ta Prohm. This is where Tomb Raider was filmed. It was very cool with the fallen walls and the jungle surrounding it. The next favorite ruin was Angkor Thom. We ended our tour on Phnom Bakheng to see the sunset over Angkor Wat. It wasn't very good because it was overcast.

We just wished we had more time to explore the temples! One day was not enough.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb