4th Week Already


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
February 12th 2006
Published: February 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post



Cannot believe how fast the weeks are flying now. Back in Siem Reap now after a 6hr public bus journey from Phnom Penh. The worst journey so far due to the drivers constant beeping of the out of tune horn at absolutely everything in sight even if it was 2 miles away on a straight stretch of dirt track.....extremely frustrating and meant trying to 'zone out' the sound to get some sleep.

We arrived in Siem Reap sometime in the afternoon and unpacked our big backpacks which we left here for the 2 weeks we were travelling about...was really nice to have clean clothes again since everything seems to have turned to an off sort of orange colour.

We went to a Bettocello concert on the recommendation of someone which turned out to be absolutely awful cello playing and depressing movie snipets of hospitals in Phnom Penh. I fell asleep.

Dinner was local opposite the guesthouse and its early nights now until next weekend since I start the aid project tomorrow morning 15km away on the edge of the Tonle Sap lake in what is now intense heat. We will be building one house a week from 8-11am and 1-5pm Monday to Friday on one meal of a bread baguette and steamed rice with soy sauce.

Since the internet is so slow here i have not been able to download any photos yet but i have just caught wind of a faster internet place in the town centre so will try next weekend to put up a few pics of the places i've seen and our first 'completed' wooden house on stilts lol (not sure what that will look like but will probably be a laugh to see)....

Hope everyone is well....really nice to read all your messages so keep them coming!!! x x x

Advertisement



12th February 2006

Keep up the good work
Hi Sim. Good to hear you are well - We'll will be enjoying a Sunday roast with all the trimmings later! - wish you were here? Love Michelle, Jason and the boys
13th February 2006

Hello simmy Glade to hear your ok and well its cold and wet here as usual lol speak to you soon babe xx
13th February 2006

Sounds...
... intersting! :o) not sure I could be dealing with some of the conditions and experiences that you mention but it definately sounds interesting, sure you wouldn't prefer a Jamaican beach or something? :o) Keep on posting them updates. Dan

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb