Green Eggs and Ham


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
May 9th 2007
Published: May 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mom Mom Mom

This is one of the orphans who warmed up to mom right away.
Todays blog is dedicated solely to our eating experience. We have been both tantilized and terrified by the food so far. There is something about walking through the Russian meat market on a hot day that turns the weak hearted away from the meat. It could also be the fact that we have seen all sorts of live/ soon-to-be-dead pigs being toted around on the back of skooters. Or the bits of chicken that we would never eat in Canada, such as bits of skin and fat with feathers still visable. It serves as one of the best diets I have ever come across. That, coupled with the searing heat and the hard work, the people here might stop saying "big, big" every time we walk by.

On the more positive side, we have had some of the most amazing food here in Siem Reap. Their Amok is amazing and they are surprisingly skilled at cooking Mexican foods. Curtis had the pizza tonight and it made all of our mouths water. The coffee here is nothing like Vietnam and finding a good cup of coffee to ward off the caffine headaches is challenging. We did manage to find one
TrailblazersTrailblazersTrailblazers

This is the very modern device that is used to sift the sand before it is washed. It helps to give it the perfect consistancy for filtering the water so bacteria and other things cannot get through.
place with coffee strong enought to tie us over.

We could go on and on about our experiences with the orphanage, which we will mostly likely blog on tomorrow. We want to be able to show pictures. Be prepared with plently of kleenex for the stories and slide show when we get home. After only two days here, I can see myself returning sooner rather than later.

Advertisement



11th May 2007

okay you can just tuck that one away for me what a cutie. I am not sure I would be able to leave you should have done this the last week. I would love to do this but am quite fearful of the food thing.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb