Amazing Temples


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
December 3rd 2006
Published: December 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry it has been so long sometimes it is just so hard to keep track of time. So when we left off we were enjoying our time on the island which we continued to do with our daily massages well watching the sunset on the beach. The only problem we ran into was our very last night we noticed that we had some furry friends join us. Turns out we had two rats in our room we think they climb the trees and then in through the straw roof. So gross I thought I was going to have a panic attack but no need to worry Scott scared them off with a broom and they didn't seem to return. The next day we were back on the boat to the mainland where we caught a locals bus to Chau Doc. It was unbeliveable at one point we had to switch on to a mini bus that just happened to have 21 passengers on it. Only a little squishy. The next day we were headed towards Cambodia on once again another slow boat. We arrived late in the evening in Phnom Penh and found ourselve a great guest house and went out for some of the best food we've had the trip. They have this amazing little restaurant called friends that brings in local kids off the street and trains them to cook and serve. The food was soo impresive we didn't want to believe it was them actully cooking it but once we saw the kitchen we knew it was true. Our next day consisted of a bit of an emotional day. We went to the killing feilds as well as the S21 museum. Both of them were very moving. It put alot into prespective for us as I don't think either one of realized just how terrible everything was. We can't really describe so you will have to wait to see the pictures. That evening we went out for some drinks and to our suprise we ran into the English girls that we had left behind in Laos. It was great to see them again as they weren't even planning on going to Cambodia. So after a few drinks with them and plans for dinner the next day it was back to our hotel. The next day consisted of mere laziness just what we need some times. Well we are now in Siem Reap and just enjoyed our full first day visiting Angkor Wat. It was really impressive to be standing on something that is 2000 years old. As well yesterday we arrived just in time to go to one of the temples for the sunset. It was such a climb to the top with the 1000 other people. We almost feel lucky that no one was hurt with all of the pushing that was happening. But none the less we managed to enjoy a bit of the sunset before the race was on to get down before everyone else did. Well we will leave it at this and we will try to write once again but it probably won't be until we get down to the South of Thailand. Well take care for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb