Drugged in Cambodia - top 5 of worst of travelling


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Poipet
July 27th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The worstThe worstThe worst

How did I take this when the camera was stolen? I bought a new one in Phnom Pen, and honestly, the little Nikon takes good pics.
1. As the backpacker bus from Bangkok reaches Poipet on the Cambodian border realize that you are the only traveler on the bus whose ticket is valid only to Poipet instead of the site of Anchor temples, Siem Reap, 8 hours on from the border. Get absolutely pissed when the driver demands you to flash in more bahts to take you to Siem Reap and walk out of the bus.
Flag down a tuk tuk and enter Cambodia on your own. Not knowing what's awaiting, feel a certain sense of pride of not letting those scammers take advantage of you. Flag down a pickup truck and let it tour you around the nasty little hell hole that's Poipet while it tries to pull more passengers. After an hour's tour find yourself crammed on the tiny cargo bed with 15 adults and three kids - it's painful. When the pick up finally hits the road let a weather worn old woman drink from your water bottle when she asks for a sip. Take a gulp yourself. You stupid jackass!
Drop your head to your knees as if life had been sucked out of your body and feel yourself falling asleep like you'd just taken a kick ass sleeping pill which makes Tenox, Stille Nacht and Imovane seem like pills adequate only for the lobotomized.
Regaining consciousness later on realize that your wallet is missing and then thank God when you retain it after noticing that the fat stupid ugly woman opposite you is hiding it in her skirt. Finally in Seam Reap realize that the reason why she smiled handing it back to you was not because she was sorry but because she still had your camera.

I thought I'd post this here - the last four disasters you can read at



Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb