Day 34 Angkor Watt 8th wonder of the world


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
March 10th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we got up at 5am to cycle to the Angkor Wat to watch the sunrise, this was a massive dissapointment! it was dark an then it was light with a tiny dot in the sky because it was so cloudy! bit of a let down! then we went inside and it was pretty big.

then i got bitten by a monkey an one climbed micheal which was pretty funny, i didnt drop down with rabies at the end of the day so everthing is alright. they were really cute tho an also really vicious one women made the mistake of going near them with bananas in her bag they must have an awesom sense of smell cos they pounced instantly she was quite an old women tryin to run away felt quite bad cos there was nothin we could do to help! they must be so used to visiters tho cos they were quite happy for you to get close an they seemed to be acting up for the camera! if you tryed to get in a photo with one then they climbed you liek me and micheal found out!

i managed to lose charlotte so was wanderin around lookin for her which is a bit like tryin to find a needle in a hay stack there i wouldnt have minded really jus she had my pass and if you get caught without it you get an instant 30$ fine. that wudnt have been fun! so i jus waited outside an she appeared eventually!

what i dont understand is how people can spend more than one day lookin at these temples! we got th one day pass an this was sufficient! in fact we gt a bit bored i had a nap outside bayon the one with all the funky faces.. we managed to lose charlotte here to an found her behind a tree readin her book!! then at one point me micheal adam an charlotte climbed to the top of the highest temple and jus sat ther chattin an sleeping.. mmm spiritual! then we got harrassed to buy food an ended up eatin in a shop surrounded by clothes an dresses! we then cycled to a few of the smaller temples tryin to drag out the time until sunset! where we were headin towards Ta Prohm for sunset again this was a bit of a mistake because the guidebook suggested it was really impressive because of the light reflections of the stones... we didnt see this because of how overcast it was! just great!!

then came the cycle home. by this time my arse was in agony because i had this tiny racing saddle which i liked to call arse raper! an charlotte had a broken saddle because sh was tryin to get her bag back in her basket wasnt lookin an went down a 2foot drop an snap it, we fixed it best we could but still! it took us soo long to get home like 3hours when the journey was an hour because basically we had gt lost an ended up on a dual carriage way gettin beeped at all the way home once we got into the complete wrong side of the city it was like cycling in london in the dark with no helmets or lights - Safe ey? Charlotte almost caused an accident by again not lookin where she was going sh almost drove into the side of a jeep which breaked heavily then several motorbikes behind that were inches fro hitting, luckily this sort of thing happens regularily and bein cut up here is perfectly normal so people tend to be more on th ball an accident was avoided! by the end of the day we were nakerd! so like usual went an gt a few cocktails an did some night market shopping! mmm retail therapy!

Caz xxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb